» Student Handout
Part One: What Do You Know About JFK?
Directions: Answer the following questions on your own before discussing them as a class.
- Have you ever heard your parents, grandparents or another person discuss where they were or what they remember about Nov. 22, 1963, the day that President John F. Kennedy was shot? What are their memories?
- Do you remember where you were on Sept. 11, 2001, the day of the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks? If so, where were you? What were you doing?
- Why do you think people might remember where they were on these days?
- What do you know about the assassination of President Kennedy or about Lee Harvey Oswald?
- What was the Cold War?
- What is Marxism?
- What is Communism?
- What is capitalism?
- What was the Cuban Missile Crisis? Which world leaders were involved?
- What was the Bay of Pigs Invasion? Which world leaders were involved?
- Who was the leader of Cuba when Lee Harvey Oswald killed President Kennedy in 1963?
- How do you think pro-Castro Cubans might have felt about President Kennedy as a result of the Cuban Missile Crisis and Bay of Pigs Invasion? How do you think anti-Castro Cubans might have felt?
- Who is the leader of Cuba now?
- What form of government does Cuba have today?