tehranbureau An independent source of news on Iran and the Iranian diaspora
nextback

Ahmadinejad is President

05 Aug 2009 23:2813 Comments
Green t-shirts
SHAREtwitterfacebookSTUMBLEUPONbalatarin reddit digg del.icio.us

Congratulations to Predisent Ahmedinijad, and may God bless Iran!

Siyam / August 5, 2009 9:00 PM

I am so disappointed by the European Union and my own country (US). They had their chance to refuse to acknowledge this fraud, and instead sent delegates. But they aren't congratulating him. Big deal. Iranians... we support you... and wish you the best.

And... by the way... you should sell these shirts!! Make more money to support your movement!! :)

Kristin / August 5, 2009 9:43 PM

So, Since you're asking for support, and have all these wonderful Ts, why can't I find a place to buy a T as a way for TehranBureau to raise money? you can do it easily thru something Cafe.. Just thought you should take advantage of everyone wanting this wonderful Ts!

mbatlin / August 5, 2009 10:03 PM

What a freak inauguration it was. Inauguration without even letting people to get close to the Parliament building? Well we all know not only Ahmadi Nejad but also the whole establishment is down to drain. We will wait, protest and witness the fall of dictatorship in our beloved country. My god bless Iran and Iranian.

Nima / August 5, 2009 10:06 PM

I agree with Kristin

I would by them too if they were for sale.

I think they're cool lol :)

NEDA_ALIVE / August 5, 2009 10:50 PM

This proves that the opposition movement does not have clear leaders and it's not as organized as it seemed.

The opposition leaders called for a million turn out today, yet only a few hundred made it to the parliament. The government had 5000 security forces. A turn out of 50 to 100 thousand people would have crushed the security forces and would have enabled the people to enter the parliament and distrupt the inaguration.

There must be people in the opposition's side who have good knowledge of how to orgainize mass demonstrations and get around the security forces.

If the opposition doesn't get more organized soon and bring large numbers to the streets, consistantly, the movement will soon die.

Armen / August 6, 2009 1:09 AM

Yes Siyam, and with Ahmedinijad as President God has bless Iran!

Radical Guy / August 6, 2009 12:34 PM

Why not tweet these slogans and ppl can buy them on T's from Threadless :)

lissnup / August 6, 2009 2:45 PM

Firslty siyam should go and hang himself. socondly i love the t shirts and am going to print the slogans on my own green t shirt.

FREE IRAN FROM EVIL

great iran / August 6, 2009 5:07 PM

Those arguing the US and Europe should have no relations with Iran don't seem to say the same thing about Saudi Arabia or Egypt or Israel.

Why is that?

Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship. Egypt has the entire oppositon in jail. Israel killed 1400 people in Gaza and still carries out an inhuman blockade.

The last thing Iranians need is "friends" whose support for democracy is so selective.

Nazih Musa / August 7, 2009 4:33 AM

I totally support Ahmadinejad and voted for him. I find it hilarious that people who have never stepped foot in Iran and don't quite know the facts...jump to the conclusion that people did not vote for Ahmadinejad. HE WON. GET OVER IT!!! If you read any stats about his popularity, you would be more educated and avoid jumping on bandwagons. For example, the FACT that independent polls showed that Ahmadinejad was in a large lead 3 weeks before the elections. Democracy is not selective, if you aren't happy with the results...that doesnt make you entitled to riot in the streets, fight with the police (and kills some!!!), burn public buildings down, etc...WAKE UP PEOPLE and realize that this is not about democracy, it's about overthrowing another legitimate government because we in the US aren't happy with its oil distribution!!!

This article sums up some of the key facts:

Sarah / September 14, 2009 1:50 AM

surprised that the EU acknowledged ahmadinejad? actually every european nation , in or outside of the EU has retained the iranian envoy and kept its mission at full capacity. furthermore the governments diplomatic credentials, its ability to negotiate in our behalf on any commercial or political matter has not changed. EU did nothing to stop serbia in kosovo or bosnia , before u.s. got involved, what do you expect.

leila / September 17, 2009 1:10 PM

I am glad to hear that Ahmadinejad be a president of Iran again..
Allahuakbar 3x.,.
I like Ahmadinejad very much.. he is my inspired people to me.. Because I want to be a President of Indonesia in 2024.. hehe.. amin ya allah..

Banggas / September 26, 2009 3:01 PM