2017 Tour Event
Saturday, August 12, 2017
The April 10 ticket application deadline has passed. All tickets will be distributed in advance, and tickets will not be available at the event site.
Saturday, August 12, 2017Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
The ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event will be held in Exhibit Hall C & D on level 1 and located off the Ginkoberry Concourse off of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
If you need to use the drop-off area prior to parking or the pick-up area after the event, please use the bus zone on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to unload or load only. The bus zone is not to be used for parking. Violators are subject to ticketing. Please immediately move your vehicle once you have dropped off or picked up your item(s). For safety, be aware of your surroundings at all times as the Portland StreetCar runs alongside the bus zone.
TicketsThe April 10 ticket application deadline has passed.
You must have a ticket to attend an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event.
Tickets will not be available at the door.
Beginning in early May, our online Ticket Checker tool will be available for all online ticket applicants to use to find out whether their applications were chosen in the random drawing.
What You Need to Know
- You must have a ticket to enter the event.
- Each ticket holder may bring two items (and must bring at least one item). We do not prescreen ticket holders’ items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, we cannot consider the item(s) for taping.
- Your item(s) must fit through a double door.
- Vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils, glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- If you plan to bring an antique or vintage firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- If you plan to bring a painting for appraisal, please be prepared for the possibility of an extra-long wait in line. You're welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind you may not have to wait as long for an appraisal if you bring a different type of object.
- Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- You must be able to carry or move your item throughout the event. We do not provide dollies or carts or assistance of any kind. You can bring your own cart or dolly as long as it does not have metal wheels.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the venue has concrete floors.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair.
- Concession stands will be open and refreshments will be available for purchase at the Convention Center.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors, and say hello to your local PBS station, OPB and collect information about our appraisers.
You've received your ticket, decided which two treasures to bring along, and now you're ready to hear the history behind your items. As you prepare to attend an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW taping event, here's what you can expect.
8 Easy Steps
Step 1: Are You Ready for Some ROADSHOW?
Before you come to the event, don't forget your ticket and two items for appraisal.
Step 2: It's Show Time!
On the day of the event, please plan to arrive at the venue no earlier than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket. Present your ticket to the volunteers at the entrance and your ROADSHOW adventure begins.
Step 3: Waiting in the Wings
You will enter the event and line up according to the time on your ticket. Please wear comfortable shoes as the venues have concrete floors. If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair.
While you wait to enter the television production area, you'll enjoy meeting fellow guests and seeing their special items.
Step 4: Show Us Your Items
After waiting in the appropriate line according to the time on your ticket, it is time to show your treasures to a generalist appraiser who will give you two appraisal category tickets for the items you've brought. Each category ticket will allow you to receive one appraisal. There are over 20 categories in all, everything from Folk Art to Furniture.
Step 5: Ready for Your Close-Up?
When you have your category tickets, a volunteer will escort you to the appropriate appraisal line to learn the history and value of your item. Some tables will be busier than others, so you may have to wait in line again before you meet one of our appraisers.
If an appraiser thinks your treasure would make an interesting TV segment, he or she will call for a producer to see if your items should be taped for the show. If selected, you'll be escorted to the Green Room, where you'll have make-up applied, sign a release, and wait for your turn to be on camera!
Step 6: Take a Bow
Once you've received your appraisals, and as you exit the production area, you may want to stop by the "Feedback Booth" for a chance to record some thoughts about your ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experience for possible inclusion in a future ROADSHOW episode.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW sees over 5,000 people, and our 70 to 80 appraisers appraise over 10,000 items per event. When your appraisal is complete, please make your way to the exit so others can take their turn.
Step 7: Thank You... And Thanks to our Sponsors
At the exit, please visit our valued sponsors and the local PBS station who would like to thank you for attending and supporting ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. There you will also have a chance to collect information about our appraisers.
Step 8: Visit Us on TV and the Web
Your tour with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW doesn't have to stop at the event. Visit us online:
Track the summer's discoveries and upcoming broadcasts at pbs.org/antiques
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/RoadshowPBS/
Follow @RoadshowPBS on Twitter for live, behind-the-scenes updates
Then, tune in Monday nights at 8/7C* and 9/8C* on PBS to stay on the road with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW all year long!
*Check local listings
All ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisals are conducted inside the convention center. If you are approached outside the convention center by anyone offering to appraise or purchase your items, please be aware that these people are not affiliated with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.
We do not sanction any solicitation, buying or selling at an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event. We ask that you alert an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW staff member or security officer if you are approached by anyone offering to buy or appraise your items.