Stuffed Trout with Scallops Tartar
Smoked trout stuffed with scallops and dill
Makes 4 servings
- 7 ounces scallops
- 3 ounces smoked trout
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1/2 ounce fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Hijiki seaweed
- Chop the scallops into small pieces and mix them with the shallots, 1 tablespoon dill, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 to 45 minutes. Add the olive oil.
- Cut the smoked trout into small slices.
- Place the scallop mixture on the trout slices and gently roll them.
- Garnish with a few pinches of dill and Hijiki seaweed and serve.
This segment appears in show #2818.
Recipe courtesy of Jean Soulard
© 2003 Jean Soulard