- Noah Wyle as Dr. John CarterNoah Wyle as Dr. John Carter
“ER’s” Noah Wyle discusses the character growth of Dr. John Carter. Continue reading
- George Clooney’s Powerful PenGeorge Clooney’s Powerful Pen
“ER” star George Clooney used his popularity to speak out against discrimination. Continue reading
- Howie Mandel on “St. Elsewhere”Howie Mandel on “St. Elsewhere”
When Howie Mandel auditioned for “St. Elsewhere,” he thought he was trying out for a sitcom. Continue reading
- Tim Allen on his First “Tonight Show” AppearanceTim Allen on his First “Tonight Show” Appearance
Tim Allen, already the star of a hit sitcom, was invited to perform on Johnny Carson’s “Tonight Show,” he got off on the wrong foot and gave a less than stellar performance. But by 1994, Tim recovered, enjoying unprecedented success … Continue reading
- Creating SeinfeldCreating Seinfeld
When Jerry Seinfeld sat down with friend and fellow comedian Larry David in 1989 to discuss plans for a sitcom, they knew they wanted to create a scenario that wasn’t too far from Jerry’s real life experience: a New York … Continue reading
- Tim Allen’s Transition to TVTim Allen’s Transition to TV
When Disney chief Jeffrey Katzenberg first approached Allen about doing a sitcom, Allen outright refused, only relenting when Katzenberg guaranteed him complete editorial freedom – the ability to create a show from scratch based on his standup persona.
- Roseanne Barr, Working Class FeministRoseanne Barr, Working Class Feminist
An extension of Roseanne Barr’s unapologetically feminist standup persona, “Roseanne” made waves by fearlessly tackling difficult social, political and economic issues with humor and homespun grace. With nine successful seasons on the air, “Roseanne” redefined the concept of the American … Continue reading
- Jerry Seinfeld on “Getting Laughs”Jerry Seinfeld on “Getting Laughs”
Beloved New York comedian Jerry Seinfeld, star of the hit sitcom “Seinfeld,” explains the challenges of “getting a laugh” in this exclusive web extra.
- Breaking Barriers PreviewBreaking Barriers Preview
This episode traces the story of people of color on American television—including the breakthroughs of African-Americans Diahann Carroll (Julia) and Bill Cosby (I Spy); Latinos Desi Arnaz (I Love Lucy) and Edward James Olmos (Miami Vice); and Asian-Americans George Takei … Continue reading
- Acting Funny PreviewActing Funny Preview
This episode peeks behind the curtain to reveal the backstage techniques of America’s favorite comedic actors—ranging from Robin Williams’ manic improvisational style to Tina Fey’s measured, highly-prepared approach. Episode airs Tuesday, April 29 at 8PM (check local listings).
- Preview: Doctors and NursesPreview: Doctors and Nurses
From George Clooney on ER to Richard Chamberlain on Dr. Kildare, television’s long love affair with doctors and nurses shows no signs of letting up. Noah Wyle, Anthony Edwards, Gloria Reuben, Howie Mandel, Ed Begley Jr., Chad Everett and others … Continue reading
- Season Four PreviewSeason Four Preview
More than 200 breakthrough stars bring their stories to life in season four of the Emmy-nominated documentary series PIONEERS OF TELEVISION. Each episode melds compelling new interviews with irresistible clips to offer a fresh take on TV’s biggest celebrities. Featured … Continue reading