5 overlooked politics stories that are worth your time
The 24-hour news cycle is filled with politics coverage, but not everything gets the attention it deserves. Here are five politics stories you may have missed in the past week.
- President Trump's Big Wall Is Now Just 74 Miles Long In His Budget Plan — 5/24. Both Republican and Democratic lawmakers oppose a physical barrier along the southern border. — NPR
- Minnesota resorts scrambling for summer help have extra hurdle — 5/28. Vacation towns are facing a labor shortage partly due to Congress letting H-2B visa exemptions expire. — Star-Tribune
- Texas House, Senate OK compromise on bill to soften voter ID law — 5/28. Texas lawmakers have reached a deal on bill that would relax the state's strict voter ID laws. — Texas Tribune
- Few in St. Louis Knew Confederate Memorial Existed. Now, Many Want It Gone. — 5/26. Cities across the country are debating if there is a place for Confederate memorials in public spaces. — New York Times
- This Republican Senator Is Trump's Public Critic And Private Adviser — 5/26. As the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman, Sen. Bob Corker has an important role in Washington as the White House builds its foreign policy. — BuzzFeed News
READ MORE: 5 overlooked politics stories that are worth your time (May 23)
Correction: An earlier version of this article misspelled the name of a visa program for temporary non-agricultural workers. It is the H-2B program, not the H-B2 program.