Friends of the NewsHour is a group of dedicated individuals and family foundations who provide philanthropic support for the NewsHour to expand its quality on-air and online reporting around the world, and across many subjects including the economy, science, education, health, politics, the arts and more. This group is committed to helping secure the NewsHour’s future by enabling the best journalism to thrive, grow, and adapt. Become a Friend of the NewsHour today by making a gift of $25,000 or more.
Friends of the NewsHour enjoy special benefits, including:
- Text-on- screen broadcast recognition;
- Invitations to regionally-held events and programs with noted public broadcasting celebrities, writers, directors, and producers for off-the- record conversations on current event topics;
- Opportunities to tour the NewsHour studio, attend a taping of the live broadcast, meet on-air talent, and more.
Levels of Support
- Donors will receive text on-screen recognition, five times per week for 52 weeks. Recognition will air one time per broadcast, rotating either at the beginning or at the end of the program. Donors at this level will also be acknowledged on the PBS NewsHour website.
- Donors will receive a text on-screen recognition, three times per week for 52 weeks. Donors at this level will also be acknowledged on the PBS NewsHour website.
- Donors will receive a text on-screen recognition, one time per week for 52 weeks.