apress's Recent Stories
Politics Sep 28Twitter says it suspended accounts linked to Russia
Social media company Twitter says it took action to suspend about two dozen accounts that were linked to fake, Russia-tied Facebook accounts were pushing divisive social and political issues during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
Nation Sep 28Wray installed as FBI director, replacing fired Comey
The former high-ranking Justice Department official replaces James Comey, who was fired in May by President Donald Trump after fewer than four years on the job.
Politics Sep 27WATCH: Donald Trump chastises Tom Price for private plane travel on official business
Asked whether he's planning on firing Price, Trump responded: "We'll see."…
Politics Sep 27President calls Facebook ‘anti-Trump’ on Twitter amid Russia probe
Trump's comments came days after Facebook said it will provide the contents of 3,000 ads bought by a Russian agency to congressional investigators and make political advertising on its platform more transparent.
World Sep 27Fire erupts at Ecuadorean Embassy in D.C.
Flames could be seen rising from the roof of the structure, just after midnight Wednesday, in a neighborhood that is home to some embassies.
Politics Sep 27WATCH: Trump to unveil plan for tax reform
The plan nearly doubles the standard deduction to $12,000 for individuals and $24,000 for families. This basically increases the amount of personal income that is tax-free.
Politics Sep 27Roy Moore’s win in Alabama rebukes GOP establishment
Roy Moore's 9-point victory over Sen. Luther Strange, backed by the White House and Republican leaders on Capitol Hill, ranks as a miscalculation and temporary embarrassment for the president; it's a more consequential rebuke for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell,…
Nation Sep 26Federal government to pay for all debris removal from Virgin Islands in wake of Hurricane Maria
U.S. states and territories typically cover 25 percent of the costs, with the federal government paying the remaining 75 percent.
Politics Sep 26Trump says military strike on North Korea is not top option, but ‘if we have to take it, we will’
President Donald Trump says if the U.S. takes a military option in dealing with the threat from North Korea "it will be devastating."…
Politics Sep 26WATCH: Trump says all nations must isolate ‘North Korean menace’
The remarks came at a news conference Tuesday with Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy.