OUTDOOR EVENT LOCATION
North Carolina Museum of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Rd,
Raleigh, NC 27607
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW’s event will be located in the Museum Park and inside the West Building at the North Carolina Museum of Art.
All tickets will be distributed electronically to winner’s ticket application email address in advance of the event. You must have a ticket to enter the event. Tickets will not be available on the day of the event.
Drop-off & Pick-up is not available at this event.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- You must have a ticket to enter the event.
- Each ticket holder may bring a maximum of two items (and must bring at least one item).
- Please keep in mind you will need to carry/transport your items during your visit.
- Dollies and carts are permitted at this event.
- We do not prescreen ticket holders’ items, except in our special promotion “Early Bird Tickets” and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should bring.
- Please do not arrive at the parking lot more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- Please remember to print your ticket at home or have it available at the event on your mobile device.
- You must satisfy the entry requirements of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW’s on-site COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies 2023.
APPRAISAL ITEMS & APPRAISERS
- Dollies and carts are permitted at this event.
- Please be prepared for grass, gravel and concrete surfaces.
- We cannot provide assistance with carrying/transporting your items.
- Appraisal areas may be located outside in tents/under umbrellas.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser in advance regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, the item(s) will not be considered for taping.
- We will not appraise, vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils, glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials.
- If you plan to bring an antique firearm or weapon for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ’s.
- You're welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind your wait might be shorter if you bring a different item for appraisal.
- This is a rain or shine event. There will be no rainchecks; appraisals may take place outdoors.
- Plan appropriately for all types of weather - remember to bring your sunscreen, sunglasses and hat for sun, and raincoat and umbrella for rain.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy closed-toe footwear.
- Accessible restrooms are available in both the East and West Buildings.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight portable chair.
- Hydration Stations are located throughout the venue, however please feel free to bring your own reusable water bottle.
- Food and refreshments will not be available at the event.
- Please be prepared to walk half a mile or more.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden throughout the venue.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and collect information about our appraisers.
- Please say hello to your local PBS station, PBS North Carolina, located near the exit.
Free parking for ticket holders is located on-site at 2110 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607. Please enter the parking lot from the Reedy Creek Road Intersection.
Ride-sharing services should be instructed to drop-off/pick-up in the main parking lot at the North Carolina Museum of Art.
You've received your ticket, decided which two treasures to bring along, and now you're ready to hear the history behind your items. As you prepare to attend an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW taping event, here's what you can expect.
8 Easy Steps
Step 1: Are You Ready for Some ROADSHOW?
Before you come to the event, don't forget your ticket and two items for appraisal.
Step 2: It's Show Time!
On the day of the event, please plan to arrive at the venue no earlier than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket. Present your ticket to the volunteers at the entrance and your ROADSHOW adventure begins.
Step 3: Waiting in the Wings
You will enter the event and line up according to the time on your ticket. Please wear comfortable shoes as the venues have varying floors and walkways. If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair. While you wait to enter the television production area, you'll enjoy meeting fellow guests and seeing their special items.
Step 4: Show Us Your Items
After waiting in the appropriate line according to the time on your ticket, it is time to show your treasures to a generalist appraiser who will give you two appraisal category tickets for the items you've brought. Each category ticket will allow you to receive one appraisal. There are over 20 categories in all, everything from Folk Art to Furniture.
Step 5: Ready for Your Close-Up?
When you have your category tickets, a volunteer will escort you to the appropriate appraisal line to learn the history and value of your item. Some tables will be busier than others, so you may have to wait in line again before you meet one of our appraisers.
If an appraiser thinks your treasure would make an interesting TV segment, he or she will call for a producer to see if your items should be taped for the show. If selected, you'll be escorted to the Green Room, where you'll have make-up applied, sign a release, and wait for your turn to be on camera!
Step 6: Take a Bow
Once you've received your appraisals, and as you exit the production area, you may want to stop by the "Feedback Booth" for a chance to record some thoughts about your ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experience for possible inclusion in a future ROADSHOW episode.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW sees over 3,000 people, and our 70 to 80 appraisers appraise over 6,000 items per event. When your appraisal is complete, please enjoy the festival feeling.
Step 7: Thank You...
At the exit, please visit your local PBS Station who would like to thank you for attending and supporting ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. There you will also have a chance to collect information about our appraisers.
Step 8: Visit Us on TV and the Web
Your tour with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW doesn't have to stop at the event. Visit us online: Track the summer's discoveries and upcoming broadcasts at pbs.org/antiques
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/RoadshowPBS/
Follow @RoadshowPBS on Twitter for live, behind-the-scenes updates
Then, tune in Monday nights at 8/7C* and 9/8C* on PBS to stay on the road with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW all year long!
*Check local listings
NO ENTRY IF SICK
In addition to Event-specific safety measures, for all Events, no one may enter the Event if they feel unwell, including if they have COVID-19 symptoms. Such symptoms include having a fever of 100.4 F or higher without the use of fever reducing medication, or chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat, new loss of sense of taste or smell, sore throat, cough, congestion, vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea.
Before entering the Event, everyone must attest to the below statements to designated Event staff member or member of AR's production management. It is within AR’s sole discretion to permit or deny you entry to the Event based on your responses, including if you do not provide truthful responses. This information will be used to determine your eligibility to enter the Event and will be treated with the appropriate level of confidentiality.
- I attest and affirm that all of my answers are truthful and accurate as of the time of entry to this ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Event. I agree to immediately alert production management if any of my answers change during the Event.
- If I feel unwell, I will not enter this Event.
- I do not feel unwell and do not have any symptoms of COVID-19. I understand that symptoms of COVID-19 include fever of 100.4° F or higher without the use of fever reducing medication, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat, new loss of sense of taste or smell, sore throat, cough, congestion, vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea.
- I have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days, OR, if I did test positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days, I have subsequently tested negative.
- I have not been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, OR, if I have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, I have taken a test and not tested positive for COVID-19, AND I am asymptomatic and I will wear a mask at all times at the event (subject to the below "Wearing Masks" policy).
- I agree to wear a mask if instructed to do so, AND I understand I may be required to leave the Event immediately if I refuse to wear a mask.
- I agree that if I begin to feel unwell (whether with COVID-19 symptoms or with other symptoms), I will leave this event immediately.
While not required, everyone entering the Event is strongly encouraged to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations. Please refer to the CDC's website for more information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html.
Regardless of COVID-19 Community Level (discussed above), anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 10 days, but who can attend the Event because they have not tested positive for COVID-19 and are asymptomatic, must wear a mask when indoors. These individuals can briefly remove their mask when actively eating or drinking.
Please contact ARCOVID19@wgbh.org if you have questions about this policy.
All ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisals are conducted inside the event area within the venue. If you are approached outside the venue by anyone offering to appraise or purchase your items, please be aware that these people are not affiliated with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.
We do not sanction any solicitation, buying or selling at an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event. We ask that you alert an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW staff member or security officer if you are approached by anyone offering to buy or appraise your items.