- Well, I guess I was a freshman in college at San Jose State and Amy and her boyfriend Lou had transferred from Linfield college.
I looked them up and we started seeing each other again.
I had to get used to the idea that there was this guy now in the picture.
- Lou was actually a blind date.
I was in a sorority and somebody decided for some crazy reason to ask him to go to a function.
And when I found out what she had done, I said, 'I am not going out with this guy.'
- It wasn't exactly love at first sight.
It was more maybe cluelessness at first sight because I wasn't adversely reacting to all of the things that Amy did to make it seem that she wanted nothing to do with me.
- He was mellow, nice, handsome.
- He was built in a muscle way that I've always found unattractive in men.
I always feel that the amount of muscle mass kind of detracts from the mass in the brain.
We overcame these faults of hits somehow.
- Within a month, it was pretty evident that we were gonna make a go of it.