-- September 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM ET
What we're watching Thursday
Good morning! It's Thursday, September 26. Here's the news we're watching today.
- President Obama will deliver a speech on healthcare at 10:50 a.m. ET in Largo, Maryland. We'll stream it live.
- Christina Bellantoni reports: "The next big vote on the continuing resolution spending agreement is Friday morning instead of Thursday night. And that means Thursday will be a day of debate and no budget votes."
- Our politics team gathered all the latest movements in the budget battle in the Morning Line.
- Iran is set for a historic "ice breaker" meeting at the U.N. Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will meet, along with a handful of other nations in the "highest-level engagement in 30 years."
- The death toll has reached 348. Survivors plead for aid. Militants fire rockets that narrowly miss a government relief helicopter.
- In an overnight statement, al Shabab warned Kenyan forces to withdraw from Somalia or face a "war of attrition." The group attacked a security post near the Somali border today, killling 2 police officers.<
- Three bombs detonated simultaneously at Sunni markets 30 miles north of Baghdad. At least 23 people were killed.