5 overlooked politics stories that are worth your time
The 24-hour news cycle is filled with politics coverage, but not everything gets the attention it deserves. Here are five politics stories you may have missed in the past week.
- The Trump administration just halted this Obama-era rule to shrink the gender wage gap — 8/30. The rule would have required U.S. employers to disclose to the government how they pay workers by race and gender. — The Washington Post
- Justice Department: No evidence Trump Tower was wiretapped — 9/3. The DOJ was responding to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit regarding the president’s March tweets. — CNN
- Kentucky’s last abortion clinic to face off against governor — 9/4. The Bluegrass State could become the first state in the country without an abortion clinic. — Associated Press
- Federal district court blocks Texas’ sanctuary cities law — 8/30. Ken Paxton, the state’s attorney general, is appealing the ruling. — Dallas News
- Trump’s EPA attacks AP reporter in personal terms — 9/3. The spat came after an AP story on flooded Superfund sites in Houston. — Politico