Venom!/Creatures of Darkness
1. Marine creatures defend themselves by:
traveling in dense schools
having hard shells
being large and powerful
arming themselves with venom
all of the above
2. A nudibranch's stinging cells that are filled with venom are called:
3. Nudibranches get their nematocysts from:
4. The round bell of a jellyfish can grow to what length across?
5. One of the most venomous creatures on earth is the:
6. Coral reefs in the Gulf of Mexico all spawn together how many nights after the full moon in August?
7. What kind of fish comes ashore to spawn and lay their eggs?
8. Manta rays can grow to have a wingspan of more than how many feet?
9. Lobsters shed their hard exoskeletons how often?
every 6 months
once per year
once every 2 years
10. Humboldt squid can grow to be how large?
1 foot long and weigh 2 pounds
2 feet long and weigh 5 pounds
3 feet long and weigh 20 pounds
4 feet long and weigh 50 pounds
6 feet long and weigh 100 pounds
In The School
On The Air