The REACH Institute
Dr. Jensen is the President, CEO, and founder of the REACH Institute (REsource for Advancing Children’s Health), a federally chartered nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that children and families have access to the latest scientifically proven, high-quality interventions for mental health problems. In addition, Dr. Jensen is the codirector of the Division of Child Psychiatry & Psychology, Department of Psychiatry & Psychology, the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota. His previous roles have included serving as the Ruane Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University, founding Director of the Center for the Advancement of Children’s Mental Health in New York City, and Associate Director for Child & Adolescent Mental Disorders Research, National Institute of Mental Health.
Awards and Credentials
- Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Outstanding Psychiatrist Award, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, 1999
- Elaine Schlosser Lewis Award, American Academy of Child Psychiatry, 2000.
- McGavin and Ittleson Awards, American Psychiatric Association, 1996, 1998
Recommended Reading List
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: State of Science - Best Practices. Jensen PS, et al (eds). (2002). Civic Research Institute.
- Making the System Work for Your Child with ADHD. Jensen P. (2004). Guilford.
- Psychosocial Treatments for Child and Adolescent Disorders: Empirically Based Strategies for Clinical Practice (2nd ed.). (2005). American Psychological Association.