- Primary Resources: $300,000,000 to Aid Central Europe
- Primary Resources: Cable from Colonel Haskell
- Primary Resources: Russians Plead for Famine Relief
- Timeline: United States Foreign Aid
- Bonus Video: America's Gift to Famine Stricken Russia
- Primary Resources: Tale of Soviet Appeal Made to Washington
The little-known story of the American effort to relieve starvation in the new Soviet Russia in 1921, The Great Famine is a documentary about the worst natural disaster in Europe since the Black Plague in the Middle Ages. Five million Soviet citizens died. Half a world away, Americans responded with a massive two-year relief campaign, championed by Herbert Hoover, director of the American Relief Administration.