Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects
- RI 11-12.3: Analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how specific individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of the text.
- RI 11-12.7: Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words in order to address a question or solve a problem.
- SL 9-10.1, 11-12.1: Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on [grade-appropriate] topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
- SL 9-10.2, 11-12.2: Integrate multiple sources of information presented in diverse formats and media.
- SL 9-10.3, 11-12.3: Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
- RH 9-10.2, 11-12.2: Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source; provide an accurate summary.
Content Knowledge: A compilation of content standards and benchmarks for K-12 curriculum by McRel (Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning).
- Civics, Standard 3: Understands the sources, purposes, and functions of law, and the importance of the rule of law for the protection of individual rights and the common good.
- Civics, Standard 14: Understands issues concerning the disparities between ideals and reality in American political and social life.
- Civics, Standard 18: Understands the role and importance of law in the American constitutional system and issues regarding the judicial protection of individual rights.