» Discussion Questions
- What did you know about Wal-Mart before viewing the documentary?
- Do you know anyone that works at Wal-Mart? If so, how would you characterize their experiences?
- What most surprised you about the film?
- Do you think the strategies that Wal-Mart is using are fair? Why or why not?
- What new kinds of jobs might be created as a result of outsourcing? What jobs might be eliminated?
- Who gains the most from Wal-Mart's price policies? Why?
- Has the documentary influenced how or where you will shop? Explain.
- Who has benefited from Wal-Mart? In what ways? Who has not benefited from Wal-Mart? In what ways?
- How should Wal-Mart balance the needs for worker benefits, low prices for consumers and high profits for shareholders?