» Lesson Plan
Are Low Prices Always a Good Thing?
» Lesson Objectives:
In this lesson, students will evaluate:
- The positive and negative aspects of Wal-Mart's pricing policies
- The impact that outsourcing has had on the United States economy
» Materials Needed:
Student Handout: Viewer's Guide
Student Handout: Are Low Prices Always a Good Thing?
» Time Needed:
60 minutes to watch the documentary
10-20 minutes for the discussion questions
60-90 minutes for researching and reporting on the material from the student handout
- Instruct students to read the definitions and then answer the questions as they view the documentary.
- Conduct a large group discussion using the questions from the Viewer's Guide.
- Divide the class into small groups and have half of the groups research the advantages of outsourcing and the other half the disadvantages.
- Ask each group to make a short presentation about their research findings or have individuals from each group take part in a debate on the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing.
» Method of Assessment:
Submission of handouts