On Monday, March 25, Episcopalians began Holy Week with an invitation to “Walk the Way of the Cross” in Washington, DC. The event was described as a time of prayer, pilgrimage, and public witness “to challenge the violence in our world and to call for comprehensive reform in gun legislation.” Watch the procession of religious leaders and laity up Pennsylvania Avenue from Lafayette Square and the White House to the West Steps of the US Capitol. Photos by Sam Pinczuk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Syrian Airstrikes Destroy Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Aleppo
- Vatican Hosts Stem Cell Research Conference
- Pope Francis Hears Teenaged Confessions in St. Peter’s Square
- Tennessee Counselors, Therapists Can Refuse to Treat Patients Based on “Sincerely Held Principles”
- Interfaith Groups: “No Faith Is Our Enemy”
- SEE ALL
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE