On Monday, March 25, Episcopalians began Holy Week with an invitation to “Walk the Way of the Cross” in Washington, DC. The event was described as a time of prayer, pilgrimage, and public witness “to challenge the violence in our world and to call for comprehensive reform in gun legislation.” Watch the procession of religious leaders and laity up Pennsylvania Avenue from Lafayette Square and the White House to the West Steps of the US Capitol. Photos by Sam Pinczuk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE