What do you think? Leave a respectful comment.

Louis C.K. says sexual misconduct allegations against him are true

Louis C.K. said Friday he was “remorseful of my actions” after a New York Times report detailed allegations of sexual misconduct from five women who worked with him.

“There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with,” the comedian said in a statement published Friday by the Hollywood Reporter and other media outlets. “I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.”

Five women came forward this week to describe their encounters with Louis C.K. Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov told the Times on Thursday that the 50-year-old comedian masturbated in front of them after he invited them to his hotel room in 2002. Rebecca Corry said while working on a 2005 TV pilot with Louis C.K., the comedian asked if he could masturbate in front of her, a request another woman said Louis C.K. made of her while working on “The Chris Rock Show.” Abby Schachner said Louis C.K. masturbated while on the phone with her in 2003.

Two months ago, in another interview with the New York Times, the comedian had insisted that suggestions of sexual misconduct were “rumors, that’s all that is.”

The women told the Times the comedian’s popularity and power within the entertainment industry shielded him from accountability for his actions, something Louis C.K. addressed in his statement.

“I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it,” he said. “I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work,” he added.

READ MORE: 5 women allege sexual misconduct by Louis C.K., New York Times reports

The comedian said he regretted how his actions have affected a slew of projects he’s involved with that are currently in production, including the TV shows “Better Things,” “Baskets,” and “One Mississippi.” Multiple projects tied to Louis C.K. have been halted as various entertainment companies distance themselves from the comedian.

The Orchard, the distributor of Louis C.K.’s film “I Love You, Daddy,” said Friday that it will no longer release the movie, which had been scheduled for limited release Nov. 17.

Netflix said in a statement that it will not produce a second stand-up special from the comedian, calling the allegations “disturbing.” The streaming service struck a two-special deal with Louis C.K. earlier this year. The first special was made available on Netflix in April.

HBO said it will take down Louis C.K.’s work, including stand-up specials, from its on-demand services. The network also dropped the comedian from its roster of comedians for the “Night of Too Many Stars” benefit concert that is scheduled to air next weekend.

Latest News