Here’s a running debt clock tracking total student loans in America (the mechanics of which are at finaid.org, one of the sites run by financial aid expert Mark Kantrowitz.). If you’re like one of the debt-saddled folks we’ve profiled, we urge you to check out the latest edition of the Income Based Repayment Plan at Kantrowitz’s site or directly from the government.
If you missed it, here’s a roundup of our recent reporting on the trillion-dollar student debt crisis and its impact on the economy:
- The State Of Student Loans: More Debt, More Defaults, More Problems | Aired May 30.
- Student Loan Debt: To Pay or Not to Pay? | Aired May 31.
- Calculator: Can You Still Work Your Way Through College? | Online May 30.
- Interactive: The Faces of Student Loan Debt | Online May 31.
- The Heavy Load of Student Debt | Online June 4.
This entry is cross-posted on the Making Sen$e page, where correspondent Paul Solman answers your economic and business questions