Apple unveiled today the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Pay function and the much-anticipated Apple Watch. Here’s a rundown of the functionality behind the new gadgets:
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
The thinnest iPhones to date will become available on September 19. The smartphones will include:
- Ion-strengthened cover glass
- Software that will help you take better photos, including a faster autofocus
- Time-lapse and slow motion functions on video camera
- A 25% faster processing power than any iPhone before
- 128 GB of storage
Leave your wallet at home, Apple says. The Apple Pay function — available October 14 — will offer wireless payment option.
- Apple Pay will work with American Express, MasterCard and Visa
- Using Touch ID security and Secure Element privacy, you can securely set up Apple Pay by adding a credit card from your iTunes account.
- By the end of the year, Disney, Seamless, Instacart, Sephora, Nordstrom, Chipotle and MLB.com will accept Apple Pay.
Finally. Everyone’s dream to become Maxwell Smart will soon be realized. With Apple Watch, you’ll be able to:
- Access apps, including maps
- Send text messages via Suri and touch screen ability
- Know your pulse rate and track your activity for health and fitness purposes
- And of course. Tell time