The 24-hour news cycle is filled with politics coverage, but not everything gets the attention it deserves. Here are five politics stories you may have missed in the past week.
- Mortgage bankers open to rewrite of homeowner tax breaks — 10/13. Mortgage bankers express willingness to rewrite homeowner tax breaks as political support for a mortgage tax credit grows. — Politico
- Black Lawmakers Hold a Particular Grievance With Facebook: Racial Exploitation — 10/14. Black lawmakers grill Facebook over Russian ads, sparking racial unrest throughout the country — New York Times
- Coal country is finding little relief in Trump’s climate actions — 10/15. As the Trump administration announced the end of the Clean Power Plan, coal country continues to struggle. — Los Angeles Times
- Angered by gun control, this lawmaker drafted a bill to require licenses for journalists — 10/14. An Indiana lawmaker drafted a measure that requires journalists to get licenses, similar to gun owners. — Washington Post
- U.S. and Europe may collide on taxing Apple and Amazon — 10/13. Congressional lawmakers interested in collecting taxes on global profits face off with Europe as it looks to do the same. — New York Times