Exclusive coverage from Lisa Desjardins and the politics team
Thank you. Please check your inbox to confirm.
... training."The U.N. reported that Indonesia had been the fifth-largest uniformed personnel contributor, deploying 2,731 individuals on peacekeeping operations as of September. Israeli defense minister says relationship with military chief intact despite spat Defense Minister Israel Katz said in the Israeli parliament Wednesday that a recent spat ...
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said in a statement Tuesday that the delay amounted to a ceasefire violation. Israel has released the bodies of 330 Palestinians back to Gaza since the ceasefire came into effect. Palestinian officials have struggled to identify the bodies without access to DNA ...
... one year to the day, the country agreed to a ceasefire with Hezbollah. The strike killed at least five people and wounded dozens of others. Israel said the target of the strike was a key Hezbollah military leader considered the terror group's chief of staff. An Israeli government spokesperson ...
... Israel attacks in the country and accuse Israel of violating the ceasefire agreement. Aoun last week said the country is ready to enter negotiations with Israel to stop its airstrikes and to withdraw from five hilltop points it occupies on Lebanese territory. It was unclear if Israel would agree. Aoun ...
... than half of them women and children. It was the biggest single mass casualty event of the war and the highest death toll of any Israeli strike on Lebanese territory for nearly two decades. The Israeli army says the building was a Hezbollah command center. In the rubble, we found ...
... neighbor’s house was gone." He added: “It’s a fragile ceasefire. This is not a life we can live. There’s no safe place." Israel’s military in a statement said it launched attacks against Hamas after an “armed terrorist” crossed into an Israeli-held area and shot at ...
... between Israel and militants are escalating. An airstrike Tuesday night killed 13 people in the Palestinian refugee camp of Ein el-Hilweh, the deadliest of Israeli attacks since a ceasefire in the Israel-Hezbollah war a year ago. The Israeli military warned Wednesday afternoon it would strike targets in several ...
... details. The Israeli military said it struck a training center for Hamas, saying that the site was being used to prepare an attack against the Israeli army. It added that the Israeli army would continue to act against Hamas wherever they work. Over the past two years, Israeli airstrikes on ...
... Court The vote shores up hopes that Gaza's fragile ceasefire will be maintained following a war set off by Hamas' surprise attack on southern Israel on Oct. 7, 2023, which killed about 1,200 people. Israel's offensive since then has killed over 69,000 Palestinians, according to the ...
... armed wings of Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad said the body of an Israeli hostage was recovered in southern Gaza. Since the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas began on Oct. 10, the remains of 24 hostages have been returned to Israel. If the latest body turned over is confirmed ...
Support Provided By: Learn more
Subscribe to Here’s the Deal, our politics newsletter for analysis you won’t find anywhere else.