FRONTLINE Earns 7 Webby Award Nominations, Most in the Series’ History
The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS) announced today that FRONTLINE has been nominated for seven 2021 Webby Awards, recognizing the PBS series’ storytelling and journalism across multiple digital platforms and genres of media.
This is the most Webby nominations FRONTLINE has ever received in a single year. Given annually since 1996, the Webby Awards salute excellence in websites, video, advertising, media & PR, social, apps, mobile, interactive advertising and media, online film and video, games, and podcasts.
FRONTLINE’s website received a nomination in the “Websites and Mobile Sites: News & Politics” category.
On social, FRONTLINE’s interactive project “Drawn from Memory: The Holocaust” was nominated in the “Social: Best Use of Stories,” category, and “Could PG&E Have Prevented the Deadly California Camp Fire?” was nominated in the “Social: News & Politics” category.
Finally, two FRONTLINE videos — the trailer for Amazon Empire: The Rise and Reign of Jeff Bezos trailer, and the short film in partnership with Firelight Media, Waiting for Tearah — were nominated in the “Video: Trailer” category, and “Video: Documentary: Longform” category, respectively.
“We are so pleased to have FRONTLINE recognized with seven Webby Award nominations,” says FRONTLINE Executive Producer Raney Aronson-Rath. “It’s an honor to have the breadth of our new storytelling forms spotlighted in this way — from podcasts, to digital interactives, to short form video and more. We share this great news with the many teams and departments at FRONTLINE that always think about the right form for telling stories in new and exciting ways.”
Every year, the Webby Awards acknowledge two winners in every category — The Webby Award winners, who are selected by the IADAS, and The Webby People’s Voice Award winners, who are awarded by public voting.
Winners of the 25th Annual Webby Awards will be announced on Tuesday, May 18. You can explore all of FRONTLINE’s nominated projects and vote for them to win People’s Voice Awards below.
- The FRONTLINE Dispatchis a Webby Nominee in Podcasts: Documentary (Official Listing)
- I’m Not A Monsteris a Webby Nominee in Podcasts: Documentary (Official Listing)
- Drawn from Memory: The Holocaustis a Webby Nominee in Social: Best Use of Stories (Official Listing)
- Could PG&E Have Prevented the Deadly California Camp Fire?is a Webby Nominee in Social: News & Politics (Official Listing)
- Amazon Empire: The Rise and Reign of Jeff Bezosis a Webby Nominee in Video: Trailer (Official Listing)
- Waiting for Tearahis a Webby Nominee in Video: Documentary: Longform (Official Listing)
- FRONTLINE is a Webby Nominee in Websites and Mobile Sites: News & Politics (Official Listing