-- September 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM ET
Here's what we know about the shooting at Navy Yard so far
Details emerged overnight and this morning about the alleged shooter and the victims of the shooting:
- Police confirmed late Monday that there was no second shooter
- Names of the victims began to leak out Monday night
- Alleged gunman Alexis complained about Navy and had run-ins with police
- Alexis worked as an IT DoD subcontractor through Hewelett Packard and had a pass to Navy Yard
- Alexis had mental health issues "including paranoia and a sleep disorder"
- Weapon used was an AR-15, the same firearm used in Newtown shootings and Aurora, CO shootings
- In total, 13 were killed including the alleged shooter. Three who were wounded are expected to survive
And this is the other news we're watching this morning:
- Rain ends in Colorado as some residents are able to return to their homes. Death toll could reach 8.
Census - Poverty
- Number of poor in U.S. expected to decline in the latest Census report. That's the first time since 2006.