5 overlooked politics stories that are worth your time
The 24-hour news cycle is filled with politics coverage, but not everything gets the attention it deserves. Here are five politics stories you may have missed in the past week.
- Trump keeps Obama’s immigration policy on “dreamers” but makes no promises — 6/16. Arizona dreamers are still nervous about their future, although President Donald Trump has kept the DREAM Act on the books. — The Arizona Republic
- Six People Have Resigned From Trump’s HIV/AIDS Advisory Council Because He “Doesn’t Care”— 6/17. The president has yet to name anyone to direct the White House Office of National AIDS Policy. — BuzzFeed News
- Kasich argues Ohio is not Kansas, says he won’t roll back business tax cut — 6/20. Lawmakers in states including Kansas and Oklahoma are now voting to raise taxes to solve budget shortfalls. — Columbus Dispatch
- Pelosi sees forces aligning to retake House in 2018 — 6/18. The House minority leader explains why she thinks Democrats could gain a majority in next year’s midterm elections. — San Francisco Chronicle
- 7 Sailors Emerged From Diverse Backgrounds to Pursue a Common Cause — 6/19. The sailors who died when a destroyer collided with a container ship represented a diverse Navy and United States. — New York Times