Thanks to everyone who entered! The contest is now closed. You can still join the PBS NATURE Flickr group to share your photos of the natural world any time.
You’ve already bragged to friends and family that your dog or cat is the cutest in the world — now prove it! Send in your best photo of your favorite four-paws to NATURE’s Why I Love Cats and Dogs Photo Contest, then tune-in with your pets for Why We Love Cats and Dogs, Sunday February 15 at 8pm (check local listings).
Contest Deadline: March 2, 2009
PRIZES AND JUDGING
The producers of NATURE will judge the entries and select five winners and ten runners-up. The five winning photos will receive a DVD of Why We Love Cats and Dogs. The five winning photos and ten runners-up will be featured in a Contest Winners gallery on the PBS NATURE Web site.
Adding your photo to the NATURE Flickr group with the tag “naturecats” or “naturedogs” constitutes entry into the contest. By entering the contest you indicate your agreement to the following terms.
- You must be at least 13 years of age.
- Entry is limited to U.S. and Canadian residents only.
- You must be the creator of any image you submit, and you must not submit any image for which the copyright is held by another party.
- Contest entry is limited to three photos per person, and only photos of cats or dogs will be accepted.
- Regardless of any license settings on your photo, you give permission to PBS and WNET.ORG to publish the submitted image, your first name, and your location on the PBS NATURE Web site at http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/ in perpetuity.
- Employees of PBS and WNET.ORG, and their families, are not eligible to participate.
- In the event that your photo is selected for an honor, you agree to be contacted through Flickr mail. If you are contacted by the contest administrator, you agree to respond within 72 hours. If you fail to respond within 72 hours of being contacted, your photo will be disqualified.
- In addition to the above, you agree to abide by all Flickr site guidelines.