“I don’t think about whether people will remember me or not. I’ve been an okay person. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve taught people a thing or two. That’s what’s important.” – Julia Child
Julia Child was a beloved American icon who pioneered an entire genre of cooking shows and taught a generation of food lovers that cooking can be easy and enjoyable.
You can honor this pioneer by cooking a recipe, watching any of the hundreds episodes of her classic shows, reading tributes from celebrity chefs, and more. Bon appetit!
- Julia Child Recipes: From Cookbooks to Websites
Find the perfect dish for any dinner or special occassion. In addition to the recipes on PBS Food, explore cookbooks, links and more. Continue
- Watch Exclusive Full Episodes, Clips, Extras and More
Only PBS has exclusive full episodes of Julia Child’s classic cooking shows. Watch clips, newly released specials, and the Julia Child Remix! Continue
- Explore Julia’s Legacy: Chefs and Bloggers Pay Tribute
Julia Child has left an indelible mark on the food world. Join the world’s top chefs and food bloggers and tell us how she has inspired you. Continue
- Watch the Infamous Julia Child Remix
This PBS Digital Studios remix autotunes Julia while celebrating her wisdom, wit and kitchen skills. (Not to mention a funky beat.) Continue
- Think You Know Everything About Julia Child?
Guess how many pounds of butter she used! Check out our fun infographic of 12 Julia facts that might surprise you about America’s favorite cook. Continue
- Which “Julia Child” Are You? Take the Quiz!
Find out which era of Julia Child fits your personality with our fun quiz. Are you a classic cooking student or the television pioneer? Continue
- Julia Child Quotes: The Woman, The Wisdom
Known for her quick wit, unique perspectives and memorable one-liners, Julia Child has many classic quotes. Check out our comprehensive list. Continue
- Celebrate Julia Child on Pinterest
We are pinning our favorite Julia quotes, caricatures, #CookforJulia submissions, and everything else that encapsulated her fun personality. Continue
- #CookForJulia: Julia Child’s 100th Birthday Bash
See how chefs, bloggers and food-lovers from across the world joined PBS in 2012 to celebrate her 100th birthday. Continue
- Share Your Love of Julia Child With the World
Do you love Julia Child as much as we do? Share your love of America’s favorite chef with our collection of logos, badges, banners and more. Continue
More Julia Child Features
- Use Julia Child’s Bouillabaisse for an Inspired Seafood Stew
Make fresh seafood stew is inspired by Julia Child’s bouillabaisse recipe, but simplified for today’s home cook using local ingredients. Continue
- Channel Your Inner Julia Child with Beef Bourguignon
Jenna Weber returns to her culinary school roots with this beef bourguignon recipe. Continue
- Meet the Chefs of “In Julia’s Kitchen With Master Chefs”
Read the biographies of the acclaimed chefs who appeared on Julia Child’s classic program, “In Julia’s Kitchen with Master Chefs.” Continue