- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups sifted all purpose flour
- 28 ounces of Dulce de leche
- Separate eggs placing yolks in a bowl add a half of the powder sugar and beat until they double in size and become lighter color. Once ready set aside. In another bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until hardened, then add little by little the rest of the powder sugar (previously separated) beating continually until it becomes a firm meringue.
- Add the meringue to the beaten yolks and mix carefully with a wrapping motion. Add flour in 2 or 3 steps with the help of a spatula also in a soft wrapping motion. Once it’s mixed well, pour into baking sheet, which has been oiled and covered with wax paper.
- Carefully spread the mix on the baking sheet cover evenly leaving it at about 1 cm thick. Place back in oven (pre-heated at 325°F); bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Remove from oven and separate borders turning carefully over a clean cloth. Fold immediately and let cool. Unfold and spread the dulce de leche filling carefully, spreading evenly on the whole biscuit surface. Fold again and cover with wax paper applying pressure to better shape the roll. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Finally, place in big plate and remove wrapping with the help of a flat spatula, cover the outside with additional dulce de leche, spread everywhere, you can decorate with dried fruit ground coconut, chocolate chips or a topping of your own choice.