- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) broccoli rabe tough stem ends trimmed
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed) cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Cut broccoli rabe into 11/2 -inch lengths; set aside. Pour enough water into a 12-inch skillet to reach a depth of 3/4 inch. Bring to a boil; season with salt. Add broccoli rabe, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Dry skillet; add oil and heat over medium-high. Add bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli rabe; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.