- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 8 carrots halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place in a roasting pan. Combine 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, and the curry powder. Drizzle the chicken with the mixture and rub to coat.
- Toss the carrots with the remaining salt, pepper, and oil and place in the pan. Roast, stirring once, until the chicken is cooked through and a thigh registers 180° F on a meat thermometer, about 45 minutes. Serve with cooked rice.