Food Home » Recipes » EVOO Portobello Frites
This EVOO Portobello Frites recipe was featured in a live taping of Simply Ming at Home with chef Ming Tsai. This will be featured in the upcoming season on TV.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, gills removed, scored
- 1 cup corn starch
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Grape seed oil to cook
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Season the mushrooms well, coat in EVOO and toss in corn starch.
- In a cast iron, coated with olive oil, sear the mushrooms, about 4-5 minutes until GB&D. Flip and add garlic and sear another 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the Dijon, mayo and lemon juice. Add the cooked garlic and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with frites from above.
Search or Browse Recipes