- 6 lbs. of melon of your choice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups finely minced assorted melons for garnish
- Slice melons of your choice in half and scoop out the seeds, then scoop or cut the fruit out of its rind and place it in a food processor or blender.
- Add the orange juice and lime juice, and puree until smooth.
- Finely mince pieces of assorted melons to create a colorful "confetti" and sprinkle it over each bowl of soup as a tasty garnish.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #2718.
For more information about melons and all their many refreshing varieties, see Melons for the Passionate Grower, by Amy Goldman (2002).