Food Home » Recipes » Passion Mango Preserve
Use tropical fruit to create a tart, but sweet spread for desserts, breakfast and more.
(Recipe Courtesy: Marc Matsumoto from the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 2 mangos, peeled and chopped (mangos about 530 grams each)
- 1 cup passion fruit pulp (5-6 passion fruits)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Put the mango in a blender and puree. Pour this mixture into a pot along with the passion fruit pulp and sugar.
- Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, and split open the pod. Use the back of your knife to scrape the beans out, and add them to the pot with the mango and passion fruit.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Taste and add more sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Mix the potato starch with a tablespoon of water and pour this into the pot while stirring.
- Let it cook until it reaches your desired consistency (keep in mind it will thicken some more when it's cool).
- Let the preserve cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Search or Browse Recipes