- 375g plain white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 40ml water
- 2 medium eggs, beaten in separate bowls
- For the flavorings
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Put the flour, salt, butter, water and 1 beaten egg into a bowl and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and add the poppy seeds to one and the cheese and tomato paste to the other.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/10in thick. Place on a baking tray cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Dust 2 large baking sheets with flour. Using a 2 3/4in round cutter cut out 18 rounds from each dough. Place the discs on the baking tray.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle the parmesan and tomato ones with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown, and then transfer onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
Tips/TechniquesNote: This recipe contains U.K. measurements and may require conversions to U.S. measurements. It has also not been professionally tested.