- 1 (10 3⁄4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup fresh peas 3⁄4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tsp. poppy seeds
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 31 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in chicken. Pour into baking dish.
- Toss together cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Tips/TechniquesExcerpted from The Southern Living Community Cookbook: Celebrating Food & Fellowship in the American South by Sheri Castle. Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Books. Reprinted with permission from Oxmoor House, an imprint of Time Inc. Books. All rights reserved.