Because dining in our kitchen is a bit like dinner and a movie, we often serve this version of popcorn at the Chef’s Table. Even without the fresh black truffle this will be the best popcorn your guests have ever tasted.
Learn more about The Inn at Little Washington, a documentary that intimately explores the double five star, double five diamond, Michelin-starred restaurant.
- ¼ cup raw popcorn
- To dress the popcorn:
- ⅛ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons good quality truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely grated, aged parmesan cheese
- Sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small, fresh, white or black truffle (optional)
- Pop ¼ cup raw popcorn in an air popper or in your favorite popcorn machine following the manufacturers’ directions.
- Place the popped corn in a large mixing bowl while keeping it warm during the mixing process
- Coat the popcorn with melted butter and truffle oil. This will allow the seasonings to adhere to the popcorn.
- Toss the popcorn with salt, sugar, freshly cracked black pepper and parsley.
- Grate half of the parmesan cheese over the popcorn and lightly toss together. Add the second addition of grated parmesan cheese and gently combine. Be mindful of over mixing as the cheese can fall off and not stick completely to the popped corn.
- Scoop the finished popcorn into popcorn boxes or desired serving vessels. In front of your guests, shave the fresh truffle on top allowing them to smell the aroma of the truffle.