Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife.com shares this recipe. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 6 ounces dried curly egg noodles
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ozpackage sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ozpackage shredded medium Cheddar cheese divided
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 (5-oz) cans solid white albacore tuna in water drained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup potato chips gently crushed into smaller pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Sauté onion in butter in a 12" heavy skillet over medium heat for five minutes. Add mushrooms, celery, and salt and cook for five minutes longer.
- Stir in water and bouillon cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and cornstarch until completely dissolved. Add the milk mixture and 3/4 cup of cheese to the skillet and stir everything until well incorporated and sauce is nice and thick.
- Add noodles, peas and tuna and gently fold them in.
- Season with pepper and additional salt to taste.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and crushed potato chips evenly on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.