What do you think? Leave a respectful comment.

Tips and Where to Go For Help With Your Home Loan Modification

Name: Ben Roman

Question: I am having a problem with trying to get a modification loan for my home which may soon be going into foreclosure. Where and to whom should I go to ask for assistance?

Paul Solman: For starters, you might try CHANGER– the Communities Homeowners and Neighbors Gaining Economic Rights group. Or NACA, the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America.

You might also try the bank that’s servicing your mortgage. The key here is being persistent, patient (in the face of considerable frustration, most probably), and persuasive.

See Harvard Law professor Bob Mnookin’s tips for successful negotiations in a recent story of ours.

Mnoonkin also answered audience questions about just how to put those negotiation tips into practice.

Support for Making Sen$e Provided By:

Support for Making Sen$e Provided By: