Sabra Dipping Co. recalled 30,000 cases of hummus, or about 360,000 containers, sold around the nation Thursday over concerns of listeria contamination.
The recalled products are, according to the Associated Press:
- Sabra Classic Hummus in 10-ounce sizes with UPC/SKU 040822011143 / 300067
- Sabra Classic Hummus in 30-ounce sizes with UPC/SKU 040822014687 / 300074
- Sabra Classic Hummus without Garnish in 32 ounce sizes with UPC/SKU 040822342049 / 301216
- Sabra Classic Hummus in 17-ounce six-packs with UPC/SKU 040822017497 / 301290
- Hummus Dual Pack Classic/Garlic 23.5 ounce with UPC/SKU 040822342209 / 301283
A random sample taken from a store in Michigan that tested positive for listeria prompted the recall, reported the Washington Post.
Listeria is a bacteria that can cause high fevers and nausea. It can be fatal in people with weakened immune systems and can cause miscarriages in pregnant women, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
There have been no reported illnesses connected to the products.