Watching the documentary will take two hours.
In this lesson students will:
- To enable students to focus on some of the people they meet in the documentary.
- To provide a manageable method of comparing and contrasting the fate of the people they meet in the documentary.
- To reinforce the human dimension of the economic issues China is facing.
- Just before the viewing, distribute the viewing chart.
- Instruct students to watch the whole documentary carefully and to track what happens to "their" person through the four years the documentary covers.
- Instruct students to take notes on "their" person, filling in the appropriate spaces on their viewing charts.
- Watching attentively.
- Completing the assigned portion of the chart.