One of the most direct ways you can make a difference in the life of a child is to contribute funds to ensure they receive the health interventions they need.
The Difference You'll Make
Did you know that each year more than 10 million children under the age of 5 die each year — a majority from preventable causes — and experts agree that nearly all of them would have had a much better chance of life if they had access to simple, inexpensive health interventions? Imagine if your own child or grandchild, sibling or neighbor never celebrated her fifth birthday or his first day of kindergarten because:
- She had no access to vaccines;
- He had no insecticide-treated netting to protect him from mosquitoes while he slept;
- She contracted pneumonia, but you couldn't get antibiotics to treat her;
- He had diarrhea, but you had no way to rehydrate him;
- Her food supply was so limited that she couldn't get the vitamin A or micronutrients she needed to grow healthy and strong;
- His healthy mother didn't know that breastfeeding would make a difference;
If that happened, you'd stand up and demand a change, wouldn't you?
You can ensure that children around the world DO get these and other critical interventions by making a contribution to an organization that provides direct services in the neediest areas of the world.