Roman Catholics and several evangelical denominations are opposed to the idea of female clergy. Yet many in these communities are supporting Sarah Palin as a potential vice-president. Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton discusses the theological debates that Palin’s nomination has reignited over women’s roles.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Baltimore Religious Leaders March, Demonstrate, Work to Repair Riot-Torn Communities
- Faith-based Aid Organizations Face Challenges of Widespread Death and Damage in Nepal
- Pope Meets UN Secretary-General on Climate Change, Calls Gender Wage Disparity a “Scandal”
- Report Documents Religious Freedom Violations around the World
- Bail Revoked, Catholic Church Official Returns to Prison
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE