Roman Catholics and several evangelical denominations are opposed to the idea of female clergy. Yet many in these communities are supporting Sarah Palin as a potential vice-president. Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton discusses the theological debates that Palin’s nomination has reignited over women’s roles.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Tunisian Democracy Group Wins Nobel Peace Prize
- President Apologizes for Deadly Airstrike on Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan
- Violence Escalates in Jerusalem and West Bank
- Catholic Synod on the Family Underway in Rome
- Poll: Positive Impact of Pope Francis on Views of the Church, Especially Among Democrats and Liberals
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE