- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds carrots with tops, all similar size and thickness, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup tops coarsely chopped and reserved
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and season with salt and pepper; stir to coat with oil. Let cook for 3 minutes, then add brown sugar and molasses; stir to coat. Cook until carrots are tender and sauce is thick, 5 to 8 minutes, adding 1/2 to 1 cup water as necessary to prevent sugar from burning.
- Meanwhile, heat grapeseed oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add reserved carrot tops and cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Add butter and rosemary to skillet; cook until butter is melted. Remove rosemary and discard. Transfer carrots to a serving dish and sprinkle with reserved fried tops.
This brown sugar-glazed carrots recipe appears in the "Vegetables" episode of "Martha Stewart's Cooking School." Visit the episode guide to watch a preview and get a cooking tip.