- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chickpeas drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Over a gas flame, or under a broiler, roast peppers until blackened on all sides, 8 to 16 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let stand until cool. Peel away charred skin and discard seeds and stems. Chop into 3/4-inch pieces. Strain any juices through a fine mesh sieve and reserve.
- In a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup oil over medium-high. Working in batches fry chickpeas until golden brown and lightly crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and season immediately with salt.
- Meanwhile, soak bulgur in 2 cups boiling water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain in a fine mesh sieve to remove as much of the liquid as possible. Transfer to a bowl; stir in red peppers, red pepper liquid, chickpeas, spinach, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.