- 1 pound whole grain spaghetti
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut in half vertically, and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, and thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced vertically
- In a large pot, cook (al dente) the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a blender or food processor, blend the vegetable oil, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, and ginger until smooth. Mix in the sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
- When the spaghetti is ready, toss the noodles with the dressing. Add the bell peppers, cucumbers, and green onions. Refrigerate the pasta until cold before serving.
If you don’t have a blender/food processor, whisk all the ingredients in a bowl, but remember to mince the garlic and ginger first.
Feel free to add other ingredients such as cooked chicken, shrimp, toasted peanuts, bean sprouts, julienned carrots, spinach, snap peas, or other vegetables.