- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 large plum tomatoes or medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, and 1 tablespoon water; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. If not using right away, transfer to an airtight container; refrigerate, up to overnight.
- Slice tomatoes, and arrange on a serving plate; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.