We're thrilled to announce that David Grann's true crime tale, "Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI," is our February pick for the PBS NewsHour-New York Times book club, "Now Read This."
On our website, you can read writing advice from David Grann, as well as a review of the book from the pages of the New York Times. In the coming weeks, we'll post discussion questions, an annotated page from the book, and a photo essay by Grann.
Just joining? Look back at our conversations about the first selection for the book club: Jesmyn Ward's novel, "Sing, Unburied, Sing":
- Jeffrey Brown's interview with her in Mississippi
- discussion questions about the novel
- a page from the book annotated by Ward
- the best writer's advice Ward has ever received
- a look at Parchman prison, one of the central locations in the novel
Ward also answered reader questions on the PBS NewsHour broadcast, which you can watch below.
Thanks for reading along!
Your book purchase supports PBS NewsHour journalism.