- Forgive me for calling unannounced.
I had to see if there was any word of Augusta.
- Your arrival could not be more welcome.
Alas, there is no news, with every hour that passes, I grow more concerned.
- I'm sure she will be safely returned all too soon.
- Just wish there was something I could do to be of use.
Instead, I find myself restricted to pacing the corridors endlessly.
- At least we can now pace them together.
- I've only known Augusta a short time.
She's my brother's niece by marriage, yet somehow I find myself rather protective of her.
- That speaks well of you.
At least there is one positive to come out of this miserable situation.
- What's that?
- Miss Heyward and your brother have been forced into each other's company.
Perhaps they will finally accept that they are meant to be together.
- Perhaps they will and yet one can never underestimate the power of denial.